Immersion Active received the most awards of the night at the Greater Frederick Advertising Federation’s ADDY awards, held Saturday, March 1, 2008 at the Lynfield Event Complex.
"The ADDYs are fueled by peer recognition," Immersion Active partner and creative director Jonathan Boehman said. "We entered wide range of projects in this year’s competition and are pleased for such a diverse portfolio to be honored by respected members of our field.
"We are also continuing a streak of being awarded for projects for specific clients, like the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association and the Virginia Opera Association, which is equally exciting."
While the range of work entered was diverse, David Weigelt, Immersion Active partner and marketing strategist, stressed that the audience each campaign targeted was not.
"Since we’ve narrowed our focus to projects solely targeting mature consumers, we’ve continued to be recognized for our work," Weigelt said. "There is a stigma that interactive media developed for older audiences isn’t dynamic and engaging, a stereotype we’re continually defying."
Weigelt said Immersion Active’s most noteworthy ADDY was a gold award for "Carol’s Web: A Digital Boomer’s Experience," an internal interactive project that takes the user through the common pitfalls and struggles older adults face online.
"While this is a very tactical application, it sheds light on how the user needs of older adults are not accommodated online," he said. "Internet users over the age of 50 are the Web’s largest and fastest-growing constituency and should not be ignored. This program shows small things that can be changed to dramatically enhance the user experience."
Carol’s Web is open to the public and accessible through Immersion Active’s website.
Immersion Active also received ADDYs for projects for Keller Stonebraker and Del Webb. A full list of awards is below.
Immersion Active’s Gold ADDY awards (listed by category, medium, and project) are as follows:
- Interactive media (online, micro, and mini sites): A Day in the Life of America’s Airports interactive piece
- Advertising industry self-promotion (creative services and industry suppliers, interactive): Carol’s Web: A Digital Boomer’s Experience.
Immersion Active’s Silver ADDY awards (listed by category, medium, and project) are as follows:
- Newspaper (campaign, black and white): Keller Stonebraker Insurance campaign
- Interactive media (web/online campaign): Del Webb banner ad campaign
- Mixed media campaigns (consumer, regional/national): Keller Stonebraker Insurance campaign
- Public service (broadcast/electronic interactive): Aging Aircraft course
- Public service (broadcast/electronic interactive): Sky Spotter: Pireps Made Easy course
- Elements of advertising (animation or special effects, Internet): Virginia Opera 2007 season intros
The ADDYs are the advertising industry’s largest and most representative competition, attracting more than 50,000 entries at the local level. The local competition is the first step in a three-tier national competition conducted annually by the American Advertising Federation. Once honored with a local ADDY, entries compete in one of the 14 district competitions, and then advance to the national ADDY awards.