Immersion Active is an integrated marketing and sales company specialized in marketing to baby boomers and seniors. Our office is located in the heart of Frederick’s historic district and we are seeking a UX/UI Web Designer who has experience designing responsive websites and landing pages.
At Immersion Active, you’ll find a group of highly motivated, passionate, energetic, digital marketing specialists who thrive on building rewarding relationships with our clients, our target consumers, and our partners. We are seeking a like-minded individual for whom mutual dignity and respect; excellence in everything we do; encouraging growth in ourselves and others; and providing value in our service to others is already how you live your life every day, both inside and outside the office.
- High Capacity
- Highly motivated
- Thrives on building rewarding relationships with our clients, our target consumers, and our partners
- Mutual dignity & respect
- Excellence in everything we do
- Encouraging growth in ourselves and others
- Providing value in our services to other
- Authenticity, Transparency & Trustworthiness in every situation
- Discovers opportunities for fun, innovation and creativity in work and life
Other Key Work Ethic Attributes:
- Hunger to help others
Please review the following job description for further information regarding our Web Designer position. Then, if you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, be sure to include clear examples of your experience, as well as proven successes.
Core Job Responsibilities
- You’ll have exposure to executive stakeholders and clients and have the authority to apply your design expertise to a variety of interesting challenges
- This position requires regular communication and collaboration with colleagues.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, responsive design, and the requirements for translating a design into a functional website.
- Create PSDs for visual layout of websites and landing page.
- Utilize wireframing tools and “style tile” mood boards to conceptualize design work
- Present designs to internal and external stakeholders and incorporate feedback and revisions
- Create additional graphics for emails, display advertising and social media channels
- Work with development team to ensure designs are translated to a live environment successfully.
- Provide UX/UI recommendations of existing designs.
- Set up and run UX testing (screen capture, 5 second testing, etc.)
- Create information architecture and navigation structures for microsites and websites
- Translate existing brand materials to an online environment. Collaborate and develop marketing campaigns in conjunction with offline efforts.
- Additional design tasks as required
Required Skills & Experience
- Diploma or degree in digital design, interaction design or communications (or equivalent work experience)
- At least 1 – 3 years of hands on experience in web design
- A strong portfolio with examples of client work
- Highly proficient with design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Experience with prototyping and wireframing tools such as Axure or Balsamiq
- Strong communication skills – ability to effectively articulate design decisions & concepts
An ideal candidate would also have:
- An eye for quality design, attention to detail and ability to match corporate style guidelines as well as generate fresh, emotionally resonate design work.
- The ability to critique existing user experiences, provide UX changes and demonstrate the improved user experience resulting from those changes
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
At Immersion Active, we celebrate and thrive on difference and diversity for our employees, for the quality of our work and for our community. Immersion Active is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.