Immersion Active, located in the beautiful heart of Frederick Maryland’s historic district, is an integrated marketing and digital strategy company specialized in marketing to the 40+ market, in variety of verticals including property development, home care, healthcare, and destination marketing.
We are currently seeking an UX/UI Digital & Web Designer.
At Immersion Active, you’ll find a group of highly motivated, passionate, energetic, digital marketing specialists who thrive on building rewarding relationships with our clients, our target consumers, and our partners. We are seeking a like-minded individual for whom mutual dignity and respect; excellence in everything we do; encouraging growth in ourselves and others; and providing value in our service to others is already how you live your life every day, both inside and outside the office.
Strong individual ownership of web and digital project design and development work to ensure client/customer objectives are successfully satisfied and completed on time and within project scope.
Accountable for customer-facing digital and online design and development work across various platforms including website and landing pages (responsive design), social, email, enewsletters, ePubs.
Responsibilities also include meeting commitments, effective communication and capability to interact and co-ordinate with various internal team members and on occasion, external client contacts. Document process and protocols for development work and requirements along with documenting features and focus of design work from a functional requirements perspective.
Coordinate with team members to get the work delivered with quality and on time.
Job Reports To:
Consumer UX Development & Design Domain Lead (Creative)
The UX/UI Digital & Web Designer is responsible for:
- Design and development of client external-facing customer websites responsively design), landing pages, social creative (memes, digital ads), email/enewsletters and other digital platforms (e.g. ePubs) utilizing web technologies and digital coding languages (JAVA, HTML5, CSS3, Adobe CS Design Suite (dreamweaver, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Fireworks, InDesign).
- Digital design and development code and requirement for all digital and online channels.
- Design look and feel, comps for digital platform as needed.
- Unit testing for all development work.
- Tracking code (Google Analytics, Flood Light tag) implementation into website, landing page code to allow all digital platforms to be appropriately tracked for usage and user interaction/engagement.
- Continued technology innovation to determine best technology approach for digital and online design and development work.
- Assist architect development of framework coding, full digital platform coding and templates associated with the digital and online platforms
- Participate in design reviews with stakeholders as needed
- Diligent and Detailed
- High Capacity
- Highly Motivated
- Thrives on building rewarding relationships with our clients, our target consumers, and our partners.
- Each to support and help other
- Mutual dignity & respect
- Excellence in everything we do
- Encouraging growth in ourselves and others
- Providing value in our services to other
- Authenticity, Transparency & Trustworthiness in every situation
- Discovers opportunities for fun, innovation and creativity in work and life
Please review the following job description for further information regarding our UX/UI Digital & Web Designer position. Then, if you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please be sure to include clear examples of your experience, as well as proven successes.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- The ability to share design and development work and direction with key stakeholders and clients
- The authority to apply your design expertise to a variety of interesting challenges
- Regular communication and collaboration with colleagues.
- A strong understanding of UI, customer design, responsive design.
- A strong understanding of how to translate requirements into a design for websites, landing pages, social, advertising and then into functional UX coding to build and implement the design.
- Investigate best design practices for digital property (website, landing page, social meme, enewsletter) based on business and client requirements
- Utilize wireframe tools and “style tile” mood boards to conceptualize design work
- Create full-color PSDs for visual layout of websites and landing page.
- Present designs to internal stakeholders and incorporate feedback and revisions (share with external client stakeholders as requested or needed)
- Create additional graphics for emails, display advertising and social media channels
- Create infographics, charts, icons as needed for website, web landing pages, social needs, enewsletters – as needed
- Code designs to ensure designs are translated to a live environment successfully and functional as anticipated
- Provide continued UX/UI enhancements or updates to existing client UX/UI designs
- Set up and run UX testing (screen capture, 5-second testing, etc.)
- Create information architecture and navigation structures for microsites and websites
- Have an eye for quality design, attention to detail and ability to match corporate style guidelines as well as generate fresh, emotionally resonate design work.
- Have the ability to critique existing user experiences, provide UX changes and demonstrate the improved user experience resulting from those changes
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Diploma or degree in digital design, interaction design or communications (or equivalent work experience)
- At least 4-7 years of hands-on experience in web and digital design
- A strong portfolio with examples of client work
- Highly proficient with design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc., Adobe CS Design Suite
- Experience with prototyping and wireframe tools such as Axure or Balsamiq
- Experience with Bootstrap (HTML5 – CSS3 Frameworks) and other framework coding
- Experience coding for responsive design – HTML5 and CSS3
- Understanding of design and coding for 508 compliance/web accessibility
- Knowledge of Email, enewsletter & ePub design creation
- Clear understanding and experience with the technical design aspects for social platforms
- Strong communication skills – ability to effectively articulate design decisions & concepts
- User Design Experience Certification – preferred, or 5+ years proven user experience designs for web and other digital platforms
- Preferred experience applying Google Analytics to digital platforms (technical implementation only)
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
At Immersion Active, we celebrate and thrive on difference and diversity for our employees, for the quality of our work and for our community. Immersion Active is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.