Immersion Active is an integrated digital marketing and sales company specialized in marketing to baby boomers and seniors. Our office is located in the heart of Frederick’s historic district and we are seeking a Senior Innovation Strategist who is driven and inspired to help our clients deliver the best, next-gen products and services to mature consumers by turning ideas into reality.
At Immersion Active, you’ll find a group of highly motivated, passionate, energetic strategists who thrive on building rewarding relationships with our clients, our target consumers, and our partners. We are seeking a like-minded individual for whom mutual dignity and respect; excellence in everything we do; encouraging growth in ourselves and others; and providing value in our service to others is already how you live your life every day, both inside and outside the office.
- High Capacity
- Highly motivated
- Thrives on building rewarding relationships with our clients, our target consumers, and our partners
Other Key Work Ethic Attributes:
- Hunger to help others
Please review the following job description for further information regarding our Innovation Strategist position.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Manage overall innovation program project schedule.
- Client relationship management and communication.
- Develop project plans and schedules, and ensuring execution to plan.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Continually grow an understanding of in-depth understanding of the client business model, goals, objectives, and stakeholder needs.
- Participate in project small teams, delivering supporting services, which may include development, documentation, testing, facilitation, and more.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendor partners.
- Support on-going projects by acting as the internal point of escalation for issues, concerns, and risks.
- Research, prioritize and recommend new digital ideas and solutions with high potential impact on the products and services our clients provide to older adults.
- Recommend investigative, proof-of-concept, product development, and pilot approaches to test potential digital solutions to evaluate market viability for products or services.
- Assist in development of go-to-market strategies for new products and services.
- Cultivate deep understanding of mature consumers and their marketplace.
- Participate as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) within our Business Development efforts with Business Development Team.
Other responsibilities include:
- Drive and deliver measurable results for our clients.
- Translate big-picture, strategic thinking into actionable recommendations that maximize results.
- Lead strategy and execution of innovation and digital projects that drive and deliver results for our clients.
- Defining and deliver overall project delivery timeline and associated milestones.
- Maintain ultimate accountability for quality, budget, and schedule for all assigned projects.
- Determine key performance indicators for projects and provide regular client reporting.
Required Mind-Set, Education & Experience
The ideal candidate will bring:
- A digital mindset, preferably with experience in development and/or analysis
- PMP certification or other similar experience/training
- Strong project management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Experience in technical writing and/or business requirement development for digital
- Proactively seek out opportunities to “delight” client with additional industry insight, marketing trends, and similar deliverables that help the client do their job better, help them increase their knowledge, or simply look good to their managers.
- Build a reputation of excellent service by exceeding client expectations.
- Curiosity, not just about how things work, but how they can best work.
- Experience with ideas – where they come from, what to do with them, and how to find the best value in them.
- Knowledge of the tools that older adults use today to maintain active, healthy, and engaged lifestyles.
- 7-10 years of experience in key leadership roles on digital initiatives
- 5+ years of hands on program or project management experience including project planning, budgeting, scheduling, quality assurance, and customer relationship management.
- Ability to assess strategic options for potential revenue and engagement growth, overall value, and risk assessment. Ability to develop an implementation plan from strategies.
- Ideally, 2 – 4 years of hands on experience in one or more of the following areas that demonstrates familiarity with the mature market landscape: Health care business development, financial product development, senior care management or policy development, or social services senior leadership.
- Experience formulating and driving successful digital projects or programs.
- Proven strategic thinker with prior experience in identifying, analyzing, developing, and supporting the launch of innovative new digital products, marketing strategies, and programs leveraging customer insights, market trends, environmental scan, and creative solutions.
- Leadership experience in integrating digital strategies and execution across organizations with cross-functional experience.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with experience working with all levels of an organization, including C-level executives
- Ability to identify, articulate, and defend insights and recommendations to clients
- Aptitude for uncovering and analyzing clients spoken and unspoken goals and needs
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically in a complex team and client environment
- Willingness to go above and beyond to achieve excellence and capable of working in a collaborative environment
- Strong business ethic and passion for mature markets and product innovation
- Superior organizational and time management skills, as well as attention to detail
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial instincts.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- 4-year college or post-graduate degree in a related field such as marketing, business management, or data analysis.
- A well rounded compensation & benefit program (health, parking, life insurance, short term disability, plus additional optional benefits)
- Matching 401(k) retirement plan
- “Honor PTO” – a program that allows employees to take vacation, sick and personal time in the amount they feel is necessary to achieve work/life balance
- Digital marketing training advancement – offering training, development, certifications and other digital marketing channel educational enrichment opportunities
- The opportunity to work toward a meaningful mission
- And much more!
At Immersion Active, we celebrate and thrive on difference and diversity for our employees, for the quality of our work and for our community. Immersion Active is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.