Immersion Active is an integrated marketing and sales company specialized in marketing to baby boomers and seniors. Our office is located in the heart of Frederick’s historic district and we are seeking a Web Developer who has experience developing and maintaining custom WordPress themes, translating Photoshop comps into responsive HTML/CSS and general administration of Linux development and production servers.
At Immersion Active, you’ll find a group of highly motivated, passionate, energetic, digital marketing specialists who thrive on building rewarding relationships with our clients, our target consumers, and our partners. We are seeking a like-minded individual for whom mutual dignity and respect; excellence in everything we do; encouraging growth in ourselves and others; and providing value in our service to others is already how you live your life every day, both inside and outside the office.
- High Capacity
- Highly motivated
- Thrives on building rewarding relationships with our clients, our target consumers, and our partners
- Mutual dignity & respect
- Excellence in everything we do
- Encouraging growth in ourselves and others
- Providing value in our services to other
- Authenticity, Transparency & Trustworthiness in every situation
- Discovers opportunities for fun, innovation and creativity in work and life
Other Key Work Ethic Attributes:
- Hunger to help others
Please review the following job description for further information regarding our Web Developer position. Then, if you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, be sure to include clear examples of your experience, as well as proven successes.
Core Job Responsibilities
- You’ll have exposure to executive stakeholders and clients and have the authority to apply your technical expertise to a variety of interesting technical challenges
- This position requires regular communication and collaboration with colleagues.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Develop and maintain custom sites and landing pages, using WordPress or custom PHP.
- Develop and maintain custom themes and plugins for WordPress
- Translate Photoshop design comps into responsive HTML/CSS
- General administration of Linux development and production servers
- General maintenance of DNS, SSL certificates, etc.
- Provide general technical guidance to strategic personnel
- Various other development-related tasks as needed
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 1 – 3 years of hands on experience in web development
- Linux (Ubuntu and CentOS)
- WordPress (developing custom themes and plugins from scratch)
You should also know, or be eager to learn:
- Modern build tools such as npm, task runners (e.g. Grunt, Gulp)
- CSS processor: LESS, SCSS
- Bootstrap 3 and 4
Nice to have skills include:
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
At Immersion Active, we celebrate and thrive on difference and diversity for our employees, for the quality of our work and for our community. Immersion Active is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.