Job Title: Digital Content Writer/Strategist
Job Update: Monday, December 18
Job Reports To: Creative Domain Lead
Do you love telling a story? A brand story? Are you creative and not afraid to lift the hood of a brand to find the brand story that resonates with a client’s customers the best?
Then look no further.
Immersion Active, located in the beautiful heart of Frederick Maryland’s historic district, is an integrated marketing and digital strategy company specialized in marketing to the 40+ market, in variety of verticals including property development, home care, healthcare, and destination marketing.
We are currently seeking a full-time, in-house Digital Content Writer/Strategist.
At Immersion Active, you’ll find a group of highly motivated, passionate, energetic, digital marketing specialists who thrive on building rewarding relationships with our clients, our target consumers, and our partners. We are seeking a like-minded individual for whom mutual dignity and respect; excellence in everything we do; encouraging growth in ourselves and others; and providing value in our service to others is already how you live your life every day, both inside and outside the office.
Strong individual ownership of digital writing experience in all forms of digital content ranging from social and lead gen content, to website and email nurture content. Critical ability to understand various brands quickly, across a variety of verticals including (but not limited to) property development/real estate, home care, health care, and destination marketing (travel and leisure) to ensure digital marketing efforts follow the client brand image and reputation. Successfully satisfies and completes digital writing projects, effectively, on time and within scope of the project work and client expectations.
Accountable for customer-facing digital marketing efforts, following the brand voice and tone across digital channels. Daily work includes writing, review, proofing, editing, publishing and in some cases, reporting on the success of content effectiveness [per client brand].
Responsibilities also include meeting commitments, effective communication and capability to interact and coordinate with various internal team members and on occasion, external client contacts. Document or update process and protocols for digital content development and content strategy as needed. Coordinate with team members to get quality work delivered within scope and on time.
The Digital Content Writer/Strategist is responsible for:
- Telling a brand story, through creative, accurate and thoughtful content on a variety of digital channels to drive to client project goals.
- Develop content calendars representing all client content across digital channels and platforms to effectively manage and have oversite for the overall content brand story.
- Write content for various channels including blogs, social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, Website, Email and Lead Nurture.
- Write social content and responses to social inquiries.
- Write using key SEO strategies to effectively life organic listings within search engines.
- Effectively develop questions and interview strategies to hold key stakeholder or consumer interviews to enable the writing of digital content – to tell the brand story.
- Support other project work as needed
- Diligent and Detailed
- High Capacity
- Highly Motivated
- Thrives on building rewarding relationships with our clients, our target consumers, and our partners.
- Supportive with the team
- Mutual dignity & respect
- Excellence in everything we do
- Encouraging growth in ourselves and others
- Providing value in our services to other
- Authenticity, Transparency & Trustworthiness in every situation
- Discovers opportunities for fun, innovation and creativity in work and life
CORE JOB RESPONSIBLITIES
- Expand our clients’ social footprint, awareness, subscribers, leads, and audience engagement through various forms of social response content on a variety of social channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube.
- Develop relevant, engaging, conversion-focused marketing content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience. Content forms may include but are not limited to:
- Email newsletters
- Nurture email campaigns
- Conversion-oriented landing page copy
- Blog posts
- Website copy
- Organic social media copy for Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube
- Paid social media copy for Facebook ads
- PPC ads
- Other content as needed
- Work within a designated brand content style guide (Knowledge of AP style preferred).
- Capture brand personality in content voice and tone.
- Collaborate with content strategist, designers, marketing, sales, external influencers and industry experts.
- Develop relevant, engagement-focused social response content that meets the needs of the social audience in respect to the client’s brand attributes and services. Content for responses may include, but are not limited to:
- Paid and organic content on various social channels (example: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest)
- Review sites (example: Yelp)
- Support other project work and initiatives as needed.
Required Education & Experience
- Experience writing to a 40+ market, specifically the boomer and senior audience, and the ability to write to the influencers of that market.
- Experience working in the digital marketing industry and understanding of client business needs
- 5 – 7 years of hands-on experience in copywriting/content development, conversion-oriented landing page/website content, or social media content
- 4-year college degree (Master’s degree preferred) in a related field such as English, journalism, writing and rhetoric, digital marketing, web marketing, or digital communications
- Preference writing for either the healthcare or property development (50+ community) industry.
- 5 – 7 years of hands-on experience in one or more of the following digital marketing practice areas that demonstrates a hands-on familiarity with the digital marketing landscape: web development, search marketing, digital graphic design, copywriting/content development, conversion-oriented landing page design or web analytics
- Proven experience formulating and driving successful digital content strategy or digital advertising plans
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with experience working with all levels of an organization, including C-level executives
- Ability to identify, articulate, and defend insights and recommendations to clients
- Aptitude for uncovering and analyzing clients’ spoken and unspoken goals and needs
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically in a complex team and client environment
- Willing to go above and beyond to achieve excellence and capable of working in a collaborative environment
- Strong business ethic and passion for digital/interactive industry
- Superior organizational and time management skills, as well as attention to detail
- Ability to manage own project work and meet deadlines
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial instincts
Full-time, in-house. Office located in downtown Frederick, MD
Send your resume, cover letter, and a variety of writing samples to email@example.com.
At Immersion Active, we celebrate and thrive on difference and diversity for our employees, for the quality of our work and for our community. Immersion Active is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.